Thursday, July 15, 2010

Family Time

A week ago Ken and I decided to finally make stepping stones for our backyard! I'll post pictures at the end of one of the two stones we made. One has our address on it so for safety I'm not posting it. We decided to do one stones for every year that we live in this house and then take them with us when we move.

For 2009 we made a house with mosaic stones and wrote the words "NEW FRIENDS", our address, "SOLD" and the year 2009. I also drew stick figures of Ken and me in front of the house. The one of me has a little baby bump since I was 12 weeks pregnant when we moved in.

For 2010, we made the stone all about Ethan. We put his birthday 2-18-2010, "LAUGHTER", & "SILLY" along with stars and moons, and we used polished stones of some sort to write his name. When we were finished with that we pushed his little feet into the cement so that we'll always rememberhow small his little feet were. We've placed them in the bark outside our patio. Next year we'll see what the 2011 has in store for us and then decide what we'll do for that one.
Ethan had a fun day with his cousin, Ella a couple weekends ago. She came over to play and by play I mean to play with all his toys. She does love her baby "Etan" a lot and wants to helps with everything. She also loves to eat at my house. She knows where her seat is and where all the snacks and juice are kept. It's so fun to have her around. It shows me what it would be like to have two kids two years apart. I'm hoping it's more like 2 1/2 to 3 years for us.

Here are the pictures from her visit:
Ethan doesn't know what to think. Earlier that day she went to get him up from his nap with me and he looked at me smiling and as soon as he heard her voice he was startled. He's just not used to the noise so quickly after waking up. I have a feeling they will love each other in about a year when they can play together. I look forward to seein Ella & Ethan running after each other at the park and swinging together or playing house in the kid kitchen upstairs at my parents house.

Auntie, Ella & Ethan wondering what Ella is doing.
She's playing peek-a-boo, I think.

Sweet Cousins.
Ella helping Nana feed Ethan.

1 comment: