Wednesday, January 20, 2010

26 days and counting...


We're getting closer to E-Day as Ken's been calling it. We've been really busy the last few weeks. A week and a half ago, my sister, mom, and mother-in-law gave me a wonderful baby shower! I couldn't believe how generous people were. The only problem Little Man will have is helping Mommy pick out an outfit in the morning. He has, no joke, forty to fifty 0-3 month short sleeved onesies and about 50 blankets. Many of the things we have were hand-me-downs, but he still managed to get more really cute clothes.

I can't believe how much bigger I've gotten. My belly continues to grow out and not side to side. I look like I have a basketball or a watermelon under my shirt. I've officially gained 33 lbs.

Ken and I went to the Dr. today for my 36 week appointment. Ethan is headdown, with his butt just under my right ribs, and his back downward to my left. The only position I can guess is that he's hanging with his head down and his back all along my front. Whatever floats your boat, son!Dr. says that it looks like he is about 6 1/2 lbs right now, and if I make it to 40 weeks he will most likely be between 8 and 8 1/2 lbs at birth. It is quite uncomfortable when I sleep because he seems to like that position during the night. It's getting harder to sleep on my side and I have to get up 4-5 times a night to go to bathroom now. I'm already feeling really tired, but thank goodness, I am now off of work.

My last day of work was Friday. It was very sad to leave. Surprisingly, I didn't cry all the way home like I originally thought I would. I've got plans to go pick up a kid or two at the Weaver's over the next week or two.

Ethan's room is almost done. We put his bedding on his bed a couple days ago. It is so stinking cute! I'll take a picture of his room once my sister, mom and I get the last few things done this coming weekend. I'm getting really excited as the days get closer and closer. I can't wait to see my beautiful baby boy's face.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how exciting! If Ethan spits up like mine did, those 50 blankets will come in handy. =) Good luck with the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete