Monday, February 23, 2009

Good things come in 3's!

I've always heard that good things come in 3's, but in the last two weeks it has effected me directly. 2 weeks ago tonight, my best friend, Pam Perry told me that she was 13 weeks pregnant. Two days later another really good friend Elizabeth Reinking, told me she had just gotten engaged. At that point, I kept thinking "Good things come in 3's" so what's the 3rd one going to be. Well, a week or so passed and #3 finally came.

I'M PREGNANT!!!! I took a test at Kaiser on Thursday and it came back inconclusive. I was frustrated, especially when my doctor told me that she wanted me to wait until Wednesday to take another one. I figured that I would go in on Monday and not tell Ken I was going earlier. As every day passed, it was driving me nuts not knowing if I was pregnant. I came up to Ken after church on Sunday and told Ken I wanted to go to the store and he said that he was going to surprise me and say we should go to the store. We headed off to Bel-Air to buy the test and since my sister and nieces were at my parents this weekend, I figured we'd head over to my parents house after we took the test. The test turned positive immediately. I didn't even have a chance to finish taking the test. I was in a fog, almost forgetting my jacket in the bathroom. I ran out of the bathroom to Ken who was waiting in the deli and said "We're pregnant!" We were really excited! So, excited that I managed to give myself a paper cut on the E.P.T. box.

By the time we reached my parents 5 minutes later, I decided to bring the stick in with me, which hadn't been the plan originally. I thought I'd want to throw it away. I walked in to my parents house and said, "Uh, I'm pregnant!" Everyone starting screaming and hugging Ken & me.

The baby should be here at the end of October. We're even more excited because Pam is just 10 weeks ahead of us. Unfortunately, Elizabeth's wedding is October 24th in San Diego so I'm going to miss the wedding :( Rachel says that she will hold the phone up so I can hear everything.



3 comments:

  1. Congrats again! I like the phone idea. I'm a little bummed for me, though -- I was going to ask you to sing! Oh well, I'm mostly just psyched for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can always record it for you and you can play it at your wedding? Or is your wedding going to be outside?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Babies...Babies...babies! I love it!

    ReplyDelete