Thursday, April 18, 2013

Lila's eating baby food!

This time around I decided that I was going to make baby food for Lila. It been kind of addictive. I love that I'm saving money and she's getting fresh food. So far, I've made avocado, sweet potatoes applesauce, bananas, peas, carrots, zucchini (to try later), and mangoes (for later). I've also made some applesauce (cinnamon & strawberry) for Ethan.




She doesn't care for avocados so I've been mixing one cube with two cubes of sweet potatoes to put in with her breakfast each morning. We do things backwards here. She has fruit with rice cereal at dinner so she'll sleep longer and veggies in the morning. Her favorite is bananas.

When she turns 6 months I'll start making her cereal but for now the kind you buy at the store can make it finer than I can. I'm looking forward to learning how to do that too.

We've recently started getting fresh fruits & veggies to the house through a company called It's Organic. We love it! Thanks to a neighbor who told us about it and a groupon that made it even more affordable. On Tuesdays when it's delivered I get to making baby food and cleaning fruits & veggies for the next two weeks of eating. I have become addicted to making my own food and cleaners. But, I'll write more about that in my next post.

Lila is growing very fast and loving eating real food! She even opens her mouth half the time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment