Sunday, May 19, 2013

Lila's growth spurt

Lila has always been a very long baby. She was born at almost 21 inches and at 2 months old was just as long as Ethan was at 4 months old. I'll be curious to see how much she weighs when she goes in for her early 6 month appointment on the 28th. At her 4 month visit she was 25 3/4 inches long (92%), so I'm guessing if the trend has continued she'll be at about 27 or 28 inches. Her brother is 36 inches at 3 years old. I have a feeling Ethan will be short and Lila will be tall, but we'll see.









I have forgotten to blog about Lila on a month to month basis so I'll just catch up now. In April when she turned 4 months old Lila learned how to roll over front to back when no one was watching. She started talking a lot and shrilling. She started eating rice cereal, veggies, bananas, and applesauce make by Mommy. We learned that she hates peas and that if you mix in pears or bananas she will eat it without making a funny face.

She started playing in her jumperoo bouncing very well, squealing all the way.  She started sleeping longer at night eventually ending up waking up on 1-2 times a night with a 7 hour stretch at the first half of the night. She started scooting a bit when put on her tummy. She would move from side to side to get a toy.

We realized that she was teething and the nurse at the doctors office looked at her mouth and told us she had about 6-8 teeth coming in. Thankfully they didn't all come out at the same time. She's working on the lower two now. She also started giggling.

In May Lila had her first play date, started picking up toys when in her lap and throwing them with a good grip on them. She rolled over for the camera for the first time. It's still early enough in May that I haven't written down a lot of what she's doing, but there's still another 2 weeks until she turns 6 months old.

6 months old seems strange. My baby is almost 1/2 a year old and it's gone by so incredibly fast. Don't get me wrong it's been wonderful to see her grow, change and see her personality shine through, but I will miss her baby days when it's completely over. I hope I can soak up as much of Lila being little as I can. With Ethan I was always ready for the next stage and looked back and wished I hadn't wished it away. I guess that's why we have more kids so we can experience it over and over again and make up for what we either forgot or wished away.

No comments:

Post a Comment