Monday, December 28, 2009

49 days to go!

49 days to go! Everyday I feel a variety of emotions about the birth of Ethan. For the most part, I'm really excited and it feels like it'll never come. Because we are so close I also feel a lot of anxiety over getting everything ready and I think I'm in shock that he'll actually be here in 7 weeks. Despite all the excitement, I also worry that something will happen to him between now and then. I know my fears are out there and the chances are very very slim that he will wrap himself up in his umbilical cord or that his heart will just stop. I think part of these fears comes from losing a baby before. The dream of finally becoming a mom is so close and I can't wait to see Ethan's little face. It makes my eyes well up with tears just to imagine those first few moments with my son.
He still seems to be growing normally. At my 32 week appointment, I measured a week behind, which was irritating since I measured a week ahead just 3 weeks before. It's all still within what's normal, but, of course, I freaked out and worried that he'd stopped growing. I have a feeling this worrying will never stop even when he is here. There will be another set of worries. He was head down as of my last appointment and I think he's stayed that way. My doctor said that the chances of him turning around again are slim since it's getting packed in there. He should be about 4 1/2 lbs by now and 16 or 17 inches long. Supposedly, he will gain 1/2 lb a week from now until delivery.

Almost 33 weeks (Christmas Day!)
My belly is huge! I didn't think my belly button could come out anymore, but it has. I have had a vertical line above and below my belly button for about a month. It's really cool to see the things that they talk about in books happening to me.


In the next couple weeks I'll post pictures of his room. It's still a work in progress. His clothes are washed and put away. His crib & dresser are up and ready to go. We still have a few things to do, but I'll post pictures when we're finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment