Wednesday, January 27, 2010

We're getting close!


I'm about 37 1/2 weeks pregnant now and ready to go! Time is standing still and now that I'm off work it's even slower. I'm bored. It's nice to be able to make my own schedule, but when the schedule involves television and a nap it gets boring really quickly. I'm told that I should enjoy this boredom because I will never be bored again. Lately, I've been trying to make some plans for each day and to hopefully get out of the house. One day I went to Starbucks & Kohl's and today I met up with my dad for lunch.
The baby is still moving a lot! His movements are not as jerky as they were before since he's getting wedged more and more. He's still headdown and still enjoys spending half of the day with his butt under my right rib, which is really uncomfortable. I've been having a harder time sleeping at night, but it's nice that I can take a nap in the afternoons.
We finally finished Ethan's room this last weekend. My sister, mom and I finished getting the house ready on Saturday by putting receiving blankets, diapers, wipes, etc in Ethan's room, my bedroom, and downstairs. My sister also put together a diaper bag & nursing baskets for upstairs and downstairs. We cleaned all the infant toys and put them in toy baskets and then got started on finishing his room.
We got his bedding from Goore's and its been on his bed for the last week or two. We're still waiting for his matching nightlight and lamp & shade. Other than that the last thing to be done in his room is to put up the poem about little boys above his changing table, another picture frame and a sports shelf to the right of his changing table. Here are the pictures of his room. Ethan's daddy is very proud of the room.

Ken's Forty-Niner Way sign is now Ethan's
His bed with a little monkey.
The co-sleeper is set up next to our bed. Just needs a baby ;)
Ethan's take home from the hospital outfit. Courtesy of his dad.
Ella has been very into baby Ethan (Eaton as she says). We ask her where he is and she will pull up my shirt, lower my bellybands and give him kisses on my bellybutton. I think she actually thinks he is my bellybutton. She looked at me confused last week when I told her he was going to come out soon to play. I'm pretty sure she is going to be all over him when he comes out.
Hopefully, I'll get one more post in before he comes, but if not you'll see pictures of Ethan soon! Only 19 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment