Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Days 9 & 10

Day 9

I'm doing this update earlier in the evening so when I finally get home tonight about 9pm I can crash. I didn't go to bed until after 11pm last night, something I rarely do but i got to talking with another CF mom and ended up staying up too late.

Last night Ethan's IV's kept beeping every hour. Ken said that Ethan woke up every time the IV beeped so he was up every hour. He went right back to sleep but had interrupted sleep all night. Needless to say he was in a mood this morning. Thankfully he snapped out of it after breakfast.

Today we enjoyed a visit from my old boss and one of her two kids. She visited when it was time for us to go outside for an hour so the kids ran all over Kaiser's campus and Ethan was sweaty by the end. When we tried to leave the building to play outside, the nurse hadn't suspended his security tag and the elevators opened and started making a weird sound. We weren't getting in. Soon after a ton of nurses and security guards came down the hall to make sure he wasn't be abducted. They fixed it and we went outside.

Ethan took a great nap today and now after a dinner of Nutter Butters and milk he's watching Monsters Inc. for the first time thanks to MacKenzie Gilmore. He still hates hospital food so he snacks mostly while we are here. I'll have to put that on the list of stuff I need to fix when we get home.

Ken & I enjoyed a lunch out at Inn & Out today. It was nice to get out of the hospital together for awhile. We thought about catching a movie while Ken's mom was with Ethan during nap time but the timing didn't work out.

Tonight Ethan is with my sister overnight. He's always excited to see his TT. Hopefully he will sleep all night tonight!


 Day 10

Last night Ethan slept from 915pm-8am!!!! The longest night yet! Unfortunately, he wasn't in the greatest mood when respiratory came in for his 1st treatment at 830. He took his 1st neb fine, but by the time they started the 2nd he wanted me to hold him. I can't hold him during treatments because I can't inhale the meds while pregnant. We switched to his vest and he hugged me the whole time, then my dad came in and held him laying on his chest with neb running. Ethan was obviously still very tired from 2 nights ago when he was up every hour when the beeping woke him up. Thankfully his mood improved.

We headed outside for an hour again today. He always comes back sweating and ready for a bath.

Ethan took a 2 hour and 45 minute nap today! He was in a great mood when he got up.

We enjoyed a nice visit with Jennifer Guzzo & Shirley Neal tonight. Ethan enjoyed watching Matt play with his toys during his treatments. He certainly misses playing with his friends. We're hoping to get more of his friends here to visit by the end of the week.

Ken just text me to tell me that Ethan's favorite nurse Kuy came by (on her day off) to drop off a pair of pajamas for Ethan. Only problem was they were a size 6. She loves him and he loves her! Last night my sister said that he said "Love Kuy" to her when she left before bedtime.

Tonight was an early night for me. I actually made it home before 7pm which doesn't typically happen. I'm really really tired after having 2 nights in a row where I haven't gone to bed until after 11pm. I'll be so happy if they tell us on Monday or Tuesday that we can finally go home. Tomorrow is his Day 10 culture!

No comments:

Post a Comment