Monday, June 18, 2012

Here we go again...

I've been awful at blogging over the last 6 weeks and so much has happened. The most important is that Ethan's pseudomonas is not gone. He had a culture last week and the results came in this weekend. He still has a light growth of pseudomonas. We are headed to the hospital for a 7-10 day stay later this morning.

We've gone through two hospitalizations before so, in theory, this should be a breeze. I can't help but feel just as overwhelmed as I did two years ago when he was in the hospital. I may appear to be strong and have it together, but inside my heart is breaking because I want to protect him and make everything better.

Every time I look at him I think of how perfect he is and it's hard to believe that he has this horrible bacteria inside of him. He looks so healthy on the outside and acts like any other kid. He has no idea what's going on or what is going to happen this week at the hospital. I wish I could shield him from all of this.

We are hopeful that the IV antibiotics will do the trick and rid his body of the pseudomonas quickly. I'll try to update my blog more frequently, but facebook is probably the best place to see updates on Ethan.

Thank you for all your prayers, offers for meals, and help!

No comments:

Post a Comment