Tuesday, November 30, 2010

We're sick!!!

About a week ago Ethan woke up around 10pm, which he rarely does, crying. He was fussy for about an hour and finally calmed down around 11pm. The next morning I noticed he was congested. Ugh, a cold! For the last week he has been sick. We've used a ton of Boogie Wipes, which I thought I'd never buy, but they work. Now we have been told by the Pulmonologist office to begin nebulizers and to add a vest treatment to the middle of the day. He is not weezing or having a hard time breathing. He is his normal cheery self and is eating like usual (a lot!). He's just sick!
On Thanksgiving day he started to have a wet cough so that's what made me think to call the nurse on Monday to see about starting nebs. We now are doing nebulizers 2x a day for a total of 45 minutes at a time and his vest treatments 3x a day for 15 minutes at a time. I realize that in the CF world spending 2 hours and 15 minutes a day doing treatments is nothing so I should be grateful. However, it still sucks! Ethan hates the nebs. He won't stay still for long enough and the only thing that really works is turning on Baby Mozart. He has to watch it over and over again because that's the only baby video we have. I'm looking into finding another show on Netflix streaming so I don't lose my mind watching Baby Einstein.
Luckily the nebulizer treatments will be over when his cold is gone. He's had it for 1 week now and the nurse says that most colds last 10-14 days. If it's not gone by then we'll most likely have to go in and be seen by one of the pulmonologists. I don't foresee that happening, but it could. For now, we're doing as the doctor orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment