Thursday, November 18, 2010

9 months old!




Today Ethan is 9 months old! I can't believe he's already 9 months. The older he gets the more we enjoy him. He's a social baby and loves everyone. He hasn't had any problems with stranger anxiety or wanting to just be with me or Ken. He does love his daddy. He has to know where Ken is at all times. I can just see what it will be like as Ethan starts walking. I'm sure he'll follow Ken and Ken's dad everywhere.
In the day Ethan has started to crawl backwards and today got up on all 4's for about 10 seconds. I'm glad to see that he's almost crawling although I know as soon as he's mobile he will be everywhere.
Here are some pictures from the last month.

Getting ready for the niner game to start.


Sitting up really well.

Trying on Papa's glasses

Mommy & Ethan at the zoo with friends.

Over the past month Ethan has begun to talk even more. He's always been a talker, but now he's talking more. He loves to say "Dadadadadadada" over and over again. It's his favorite word. He doesn't understand that Ken is Dada, but I think Ken still loves to hear it.
Ethan learned how to sit up at about 7 1/2 months, but now is an expert. He hardly ever falls over and even does is vest treatment sitting up without falling over. When he leans over to grab a toy he sometimes falls onto his stomach and is happy to be there. He can reach farther than I think his arms to be able to go.
He loves to eat cheerios and bites of apples. We're about to start giving him more table foods like tofu, slices of pears, cheese, and carrots. He wasn't a fan of the egg yolk last time I tried it. He's a great eater! He also loves music which is no surprise.
A few weeks ago I went back to work part time and his Grammy, Ken's mom, has been watching him. He seems to be adjusting really well. I did notice at first that he was grumpy when I got home and thought that was pay back for being gone, but now I think he was just grumpy. I wonder if I never noticed the grumpiness at the end of the day because I had all day with him. Hmmm...
Anyways, he's growing and learning new things everyday. He's 21 lbs and about to be put into the convertible carseat still rear facing (just have to figure out how to fit it in my tiny car).

Checking out his new carseat.

No comments:

Post a Comment