Monday, June 7, 2010

Camping with Grammy & Grandpa






This past weekend Ken & I took Ethan to go camping, well 5th wheeling, with Ken's parents. We weren't even there 24 hrs because of a jam packed weekend, but it was so much fun. The weather was gorgeous. It was in the upper 60's or lower 70's. Ken's parents have a 5th wheel that is 2 rooms. One room has a bed, the shower, sink and toilet and the other is the family room with the kitchen. Ken's parents let us take the bedroom with the baby so it would be easier for him to nap and sleep at night. We hoped that Ethan wouldn't wake them during the night. Later Gary, Ken's dad, said that he only heard us once.
Ethan slept really well, from 645pm-2am, woke up and ate 5oz and went back to sleep. At 330 I thought he was waking up so I got up, which means trying to find the floor in the 2 inch space between the wall & bed, turn on the light in the bathroom and check to see if he was really up. He wasn't, but he just kept making more noises. Finally we tried to feed him a little more from his earlier feeding and put him back to bed. At 4am he was wide awake and full of smiles, coos, and gurgling. We decided to put him in bed with us in hopes he would fall asleep, but he kept talking. I put his binkie in his mouth and he kept talking. At one point, Ken said, "Put his binkie in his mouth" while we lay in the dark and I replied, "I did". Ethan just kept talking until I pushed him closer to me and he finally zonked out for another 90 minutes. Needless to say, Ken and I don't like sleeping in the same room with Ethan at all. Ethan slept well, but mommy and daddy did not.
We didn't do much on our trip, but we did play cards, go for a couple walks and it was a great mini-vacation from the real world.
In July, Tahoe here we come with my family for a whole week in a hotel!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment