Monday, June 21, 2010

Teething






Oh how I loathe teething. I assumed that Ethan would get teeth earlier than most kids since he started drooling a lot around 2 months old. About a month ago he started knawing on his hands and a week ago he started looking like he was in pain. We have turned to Hylands homeopathic teething tablets & Tylenol. We always use both since the teething tablets give us just enough time to soothe him until the Tylenol kicks in. It seems to be working for the most part.
On Saturday we celebrated Father's Day, Ken's birthday and my brother-in-law's birthday at my parents house a few blocks away. Ethan was okay for the first couple hours. He just wasn't eating as well as usual. By 2pm he was inconsolible and by 3pm he was screaming so much I was almost in tears. Luckily, even on his special day Ken took over so I didn't lose it. He finally fell asleep with Tylenol in his system and although it was a short nap was able to eat much better for the rest of the day. Like I said before "I loathe teething". I know it's going to get worse and come and go. It looks and feels like he's getting his upper left tooth, but I have a sneaking suspicion that there is more than one tooth coming. Oh vay!

No comments:

Post a Comment