Thursday, June 24, 2010

Blankie & Thumb sucking




I know there are a lot of people out there who would prefer that their kid not suck their thumb, but I'm not one of them. Sure, he will probably have a harder time giving it up when he gets older than he would with his binkie. I know we can't take it away like the binkie, but it's so convenient. The only thing that worries me is the germ aspect especially since we need to keep him healthy as much as possible. He tends to suck his thumb during the day when he's awake.
He loves his blankie. It's about 18 inches by 18 inches so it's the perfect size to cuddle with. When I put it between me and him to rock him before putting him in his bed he nuzzles up with it and gets the satin inbetween his fingers. He takes a binkie to go to sleep, but the blankie is a must have.
I love that he loves his thumb and his blankie because I used to suck my left thumb and had a blankie. Can't wait to get a picture of him using both.

No comments:

Post a Comment