Thursday, February 12, 2015

The sickness that won't go away!

I hate that most of my posts since the new year have been about sickness but we're going on almost 4 weeks of Ethan being sick. He's had 3 days of no sickness and then one day between when we thought he was better and when another runny nose appeared yesterday. He's symptom free now with treatments, but as soon as we stop it comes back. I'm baffled.

I don't really know what to do since it stops when he's doing extra treatments. I don't know if it's a continuation of the RSV or what. I hope not. I heard it would take 2-3 weeks to be over all symptoms but we've exceeded that. Was it two different sicknesses? I'm just not sure.

Ethan's missed 6 days of school in the last month and that's out of 10 days he would've been in school. I worry he'll fall behind and know that Kindergarten next year is most likely going to bring more sickness. How will we keep him up to date with schoolwork? I don't want to homeschool and we have one of the best schools because of being in Elk Grove school district.

We'll see how this next week goes and what clinic says to do. I just want it to go away so we can go back to normal life with 2 treatments a day instead of 4. That's a difference of 50 minutes a day when well vs. 3 hours and 45 minutes when sick. That's 3 hours he should be playing every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment