Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Lila at 9 months!

Miss Lila turned 9 months old on Friday. The time is flying by way too fast. She is now crawling like a speed demon and follows her brother almost everywhere he goes. She's pulling herself up to a standing position on furniture, stools, the gate, and toys. She into everything. However, she seems to understand what "no" and "Lila" means. If I say, "No, Lila" in a firm voice she will stop, look back at me, smile and move onto something else. At least that works for now :)

My little baby is growing so fast. She's about 22 lbs. and went into a new rear-facing carseat a couple weeks ago. She was too small for the infant carseat so we moved her to a bigger pink Britax rear-facing. She seems to like having more room to stretch out.

It's been very interesting watching Ethan & Lila interact with each other. I know Lila is still really young to really play with her brother. She watches him and follows his every move. I can tell they will be great friends as time goes on. 

Lila starting finally sleeping through the night a few weeks ago. I thought it would never happen. She's up at 6am now and sometimes wakes up before then to eat and go right back to bed, but we try to let her cry herself back to sleep before 6am. It doesn't always work without waking up Ethan in the process.

 Lila getting some love from Big Grandma

 New carseat
 Grandpa making sure the carseat works :)
 Playing with brother's tubes.
 "How you doin'?"
 Lila & Nana


 The 1st time she pulled up to stand holding onto something. I just love those big thighs.
 Holding her own bottle...finally.
 Getting stuck on the pillow. "How do I get over this thing?"
 9 months old. Sitting still for a brief moment.
 "I'm outta here!"

"What's that button do mommy?"

Lila is such a joy to watch grow. She's learning and taking everything in. I can only imagine how much more active she will be in a few weeks when she turns 10 months old. I have a feeling she will be walking before she's one. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment