Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day!

Ken & I have never celebrated Valentine's Day on the actual Valentine's Day. It seems like it always falls during the week or I have an opportunity to work that night, so we've always done something the weekend before or after. This year Ken decided he wanted to try a new recipe, pork loin, red potatoes, corn and french bread and because I had to work on Valentine's Day (my choice), we celebrated tonight.
The pork loin turned out pretty good. My only complaint was having to wait until 730PM to eat it. I should have started in on the french bread an hour earlier :) I'm so grateful to have a husband who will make me dinner. He was so cute about the whole thing and wanted to do it himself, even when he accidently used chives instead of thyme. I laughed, he did not. Come on, it was really funny!!!! They both are green. It still tasted good.
During dinner we talked about what we have done for Valentine's Day over the last 4 we've had together. Our first Valentine's Day, Ken was on a business trip to Oklahoma so we went to Monterey for the weekend two weeks later. The next year Ken made us dinner at home along with chocolate covered strawberries. Last year, we went to dinner at The Esquire Grill downtown and to see "The Bucket List" along with a whole theatre of senior adults.
It was really nice to spend the entire afternoon and evening with Ken. We even toasted each other with our IBC Rootbeer's. We really are going to try to go out next Valentine's Day, if we can.

2 comments:

  1. hey there! its so good to see what you guys have been up to. its been a long time. looks like things are going well. we will have to keep in touch.

    in response to you question on my blog, we already sold our car and randy got his long awaited truck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are so cute and awesome. Thank you for sharing your wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete