Friday, November 30, 2012

6 more days...

We will meet Lila in just 6 days. After speaking with my OB we decided that a scheduled c-section was the best plan. December 6th at 930am I will go in for surgery and walk out with a baby girl. I'm a little nervous, but overall happy to have a good plan. I'm hoping that recovery is much smoother than it was with Ethan's delivery. These last few days are dragging on but hopefully things will go faster next week as we get closer.

We are ready for her. I've been working on getting things washed and put away for about 6 weeks now so mostly everything is done. I finished my Christmas cards about a week ago and they go out on December 1st. Out of the long list I made a month ago (about 50 things) I only have 6 or 7 left. Almost all of my Christmas gifts are wrapped and under the tree too! I'm hoping that we can just focus on the kids once Lila arrives and getting into a new routine and not all the Christmas stuff.

My 30th birthday is on the 14th. Our plan is to celebrate, just me and Ken, around New Year's. It will be our first date after Lila arrives. I'm planning on having Coconut Shrimp and a Wallaby Darned at The Outback. Plus, a steak, mashed potatoes, salad and bread. Yummy!!! I figure on my actual birthday things will be very low key. We'll probably have dinner as a family at home and cuddle up to watch a movie together.

A couple weeks ago I went out to celebrate my 30th birthday early with an old friend from Kindergarten whose 30th birthday was a few weeks ago. We went to Black Angus for dinner and sat there for 4 hours talking. It was so nice to talk without kids and to get out.

Here we are:


Our lives are about to change a lot, but I'm looking forward to it. I'll try to post photos of Lila as soon as she arrives on Thursday. This photo is from a week and a half ago. I'm now 38 weeks and 3 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment