Thursday, April 22, 2010

2 months old


I can't believe that Ethan is now over 2 months old and 9 weeks today! He is changing so much everyday. He talks a lot and loves to have conversations with me, Ken, Grammy (Ken's mom), Nana (my mom) and Papa (my dad). He coos and gurgles and smiles a lot. We haven't been too successful at getting a really good picture of Ethan smiling. He really likes the red light on the camera, so he gets distracted easily. I'm not sure if I mentioned it in the last post but Ethan loves fans and clocks. He will look right past someone's face to smile at the fan. He was very excited to see that he had his own fan when we moved him into his room at 5 weeks. It's been so much better having him sleep across the hall so we don't hear every single noise he makes. I have been amazed that I can hear when he wakes up before Ken. Ken says I have ears like a hawk, or something like that. I guess it's a mommy thing.
He just gets cuter everyday. I love spending my days with him. Although, I am relieved when Ken comes home and takes him. I'm off on disability through the middle of July at the earliest. He will be 5 months old by then so I feel like if my doctor says I'm ready to go back to work he at least should be consistently sleeping through the night. We lucked out twice last week when he slept two nights for 6-7 hrs. One night I had to give him back his binkie twice, but he didn't get out to eat, and the next night he slept from 10PM-5AM. I kept waking up thinking he would wake to eat.
Ethan with Ken on Sunday waiting for the Giants game! Notice the "Beat LA" sign in the background.

Maybe one of these days we'll get more pictures of me with Ethan. It's the curse of being a mom.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! So far, my husband has a monopoly on baby photos too!

    ReplyDelete