Sunday, November 11, 2012

36 weeks...

Lila was breech for about 6 weeks and at my last ultrasound at 34 weeks they told me she had turned head down. Most people would be happy with this, but not me. I was actually hoping that I would need a c-section. I had a horrible delivery and recovery with Ethan and I honestly think that recovering from a c-section will be easier (not easy, but easier) than going through what I did with Ethan. Also, at my last ultrasound at 34 1/2 weeks Lila was already 5 lbs 14 oz and with a half a pound expected to gain every week we are looking at an 8 1/2 to 9 lb baby with a head measuring over the 70%.

I talked with my doctor last Monday and she said that I can choose an elective c-section if that's what I really want. We will meet with her sometime next week or early the following week to go over the pros and cons and to most likely schedule the c-section for a week before my due date which is December 11th. In reality, Lila could be here in a little over 3 weeks (around December 4th).

We've been working hard on getting things ready for her although if she came today we'd have the most important things done. All of her newborn and 0-3 month clothes are washed and put away, blankets, burp clothes, etc are all washed and waiting to put away. We've mostly been working on reorganizing the kids room to make room for her things and to make it more functional. Today we'll be putting up picture frames, including a large photo frame that was in my room as a child, Ethan's Giant jersey photo and a new shelf for Ethan to hang his hats and put his piggy bank & photos on.

Last week Ken put the double stroller together. Ethan loves it! It's hard to get him out of it.



He loved having 2 cupholders and a place to put a snack or toy. That's something his current stroller doesn't have.

Here are some current belly shots of me at about 35 weeks:

 It's scary how big I am, but it's all baby or so I've been told.
 "Whoa Mom! Watch out! You are gonna hit somebody with that thing"

I'm very ready to be done being pregnant. I'm very uncomfortable, have a lot of pain in my back & hips and well, everywhere, and to top it all off I caught a cold 10 days ago and I'm finally starting to get better. I'm hoping to enjoy the last few weeks with only one child, but I'm looking forward meeting Lila and seeing how life changes once she's here.

No comments:

Post a Comment