Wednesday, July 25, 2012

And the baby is...

We found out a week ago that we are expecting a baby girl!!! We were beyond excited to find out we would now have one of each. Perfect!

Her name is Lila Gail. Lila after Ken's grandmother who passed away about 20 years ago and Gail after my mom. It's also my sister's middle name. This will be the last grandkid and our last child so I think everyone is excited for her arrival.

My sister and I are going through ALL of the baby bins this morning and figuring out what to donate, keep, store, etc. It's about 20 bins of baby CRAP as we like to call it. I'm sure I'll keep most of it, but we're excited to gradually give it away and Lila grows out of clothes, swings, bouncers, etc. It will be so nice to not have to store baby gear for the next one.

I kind of like the space we're in. We're enjoying Ethan at almost 2 1/2 years old. We have daily struggles with his attitude and are finding it harder and harder to get him to do what we want him to do. You know toddlers...a mind of their own. We're trying to enjoy him for where he is too while also teaching him how to behave.

I know he doesn't fully realize that he's going to have a baby sister in 4 1/2 months but he points to my belly and says "Baby Lila" and is learning to be gentle with mommy's belly.

The shopping has already begun!!! Girls are so fun to buy for, but I'm already finding they are more expensive in many ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment