Saturday, January 8, 2011

Organizing the mass of toys

After Christmas I was ready to make the living room more livable. Mostly for me and Ken. Ethan's toys had taken over and they were all over the floor. I had a few small bins holding the smaller things, but the bigger items had nowhere to go. I decided to fill a 66 quart bin with toys to rotate out and we bought a cubbie bookcase from IKEA for the rest. It was a great $70 investment. I love it because as he gets older he will be able to reach all of his toys. This could backfire on me when I'm trying to keep the room clean, but in general I think it will be good.

Ethan has been working on getting his two top teeth. One has broken through and the other will surely come soon. Ethan's been waking once a night for the last 5 days. After being used to sleeping all night for the last 5 months it is really hard to get up. When he does start crying, Ken or I go in and rock him for a few minutes then place him back in his crib awake and he'll go back to sleep. I am guessing that it's his teeth that are waking him. He hasn't needed any Motrin to help him.

Tonight, my parents are taking Ethan overnight. I'm a little anxious, mostly for me, not for him. He will have a blast with Nana & Papa. I'm mostly anxious because there's so much to remember with his medications and all. But, I'm sure, my parent s will do great.

Ken and I are headed to Ruth Chris for dinner and a movie after. I will be staying up past 9pm for the first time in months. I got in the habit when Ethan was small. It will be great to sleep in, if I can make myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment