Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The job hunt continues...

Well, the job that I thought I had fell through. One day we were getting everything set up for me to start today and the next she chickened out. I was really angry on Friday when she emailed me to tell me she was hiring another nanny. The other nanny was cheaper than me and could give her the flexibility that she needed. We had talked on Thursday and I had assured her that I could give her flexibility, but I guess she didn't believe me. I think it came down to the money.
Oh well, no job, so the search continues. I don't care if it's a nanny position or an office job I just need a job by November 1st. I am on Paid Family Leave until the end of the month so for now we have enough money. We are anxious about using our savings to float us. We are lucky that we have savings to use, but we worry that it will take a long time to find a job and we'll eat through our savings in the process.
The good thing about this extra time is that I'm home with Ethan a little longer. I was having a very hard time thinking of leaving him and now that I'm home a bit longer I can enjoy being home for awhile longer. I guess I'm lucky that I've had 7 1/2 months at home with him and am still getting paid.
Ethan is almost 8 months old and weighs around 19 lbs. We go in to see the pulmonologist tomorrow for a weight check and for him to check to see how Ethan's doing overall. I think it will be a fairly routine appointment. Oh, and Ethan has gotten his 2nd tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment