Sunday, December 15, 2013

Lila turns 1 year old!!!

Last week Lila turned one year old! I can't believe that it's already time to write about her 1st birthday. Lila is talking more and more each day mostly saying "mama", "dada" or "daddy" and sometimes we think we hear her say "Wheeeee!"

For Lila's first birthday we decided to have a friend party and a family party that way we could fit everybody in our house. The theme of Lila's party was butterflies. I made butterflies on the cricut for the table, door and to decorate around the house. I also made a banner that said, "Lila Gail is Turning One". I know Lila won't remember this birthday, but it was a milestone for me knowing that we'd made it to the year mark.

We have made it through waking up at night for feedings, the beginning stages of teething, as well as all the good moments, crawling, pulling herself up on the couch, etc. This year has been bittersweet for me knowing that she is our last. I've tried to enjoy as much of each stage she's going through so I won't regret missing anything.

Lila loved her cake, which you'll see in the photos. She put it in her hair and because she was waving her hands around frosting flew through the air. She loved every minute of it. This was completely opposite of Ethan's reaction at his 1st birthday. He wouldn't even touch his cake and still to this day does not have a sweet tooth.

Lila is running alongside the couch now, taking a few steps at a time, and walking very well with her new baby stroller that she got for her birthday from Nana and Papa. She's such a daredevil and she loves to eat just about anything you put in front of her. She can crawl up the stairs. She weighs 24 lbs and is 30.5 inches long. Her height, weight and head size are over the 90 percentile.

Here are the photos from her party and a few from her actual birthday.

















I bought this amazing tutu, butterfly wings and antennae headband from a shop on Etsy. The shirt was made by a friend with fabric from my work and from an outfit I wore when I was in preschool. The party and outfit were so much fun and I'm glad we got to enjoy time with everybody.

Lila, don't grow up too fast. Stay mommy's little girl forever. Love you sweet baby girl! - Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment