Friday, October 18, 2013

Another update on Ethan's behavior

Ethan's behavior has improved. We are still dealing with his anger issues, but we've seen a big improvement over the last few weeks. The marble jar has worked and the 1-2-3 Magic book we put aside. We are still putting him on time out if he hits, throws or does anything bad to his sister. He's a very strong-willing child so i know he will never be an easy kid to parent. His strong-willed attitude will help him in life though so I don't want his spirit to be broken. He is a fighter and I think that will help him to fight CF and to not give up on goals in his future.

Ethan had a huge temper tantrum this morning followed by an even bigger tantrum. I thought this would be a very long day. He freaked out this morning because he wanted daddy. It took 45 minutes to calm him down and even then the only thing that would work is letting him cool off while watching Curious George. He is obsessed with Curious George right now. After breakfast he was back to his old self and I'm crossing my fingers that it last. It seems that I spend my day just hoping every step of the way that he cooperates, never really knowing how he will react. We'll find our way through it. It's just stressful. We've learned some great tools for how to parent him. I think the three sessions were worth it.

So our parenting journey continues. Let's cross our fingers that Lila is easier than Ethan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment