Friday, May 18, 2012

A Mother's Day Celebration

For Mother's Day this year we celebrated with my family the day before at our house. We ate hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, and had watermelon. This year was extra special because my grandma was here visiting from Arkansas. We had an eventful day, including a slip 'n slide and wading pool for the kids.

My nieces had a blast on the slip 'n slide and Ethan didn't want to get out of the pool. The weather was perfect and in the mid 80's. We even had a small fire breakout when Grandma's homemade card got to close to the gas stove and lit up. Luckily, my niece smelled it and my brother-in-law still had shoes on so he stomped it out. Whew!

This year my sister and I got my mom a necklace with scrabble tiles that had each of her 5 grandchildren's photo on them. She loved it! Ken had already treated me and his mom to a photo session with my friend Lauren for Mother's Day so I didn't really expect anything else. I can't wait for those photos to be ready to view. He surprised me with a pedicure and a very thoughtful card. Ethan even made me a card! It was cute and had his stickers on the inside. Overall, it was a very relaxing afternoon and the next day Ken, Ethan and I headed to the San Francisco Aquarium for some family time. More about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment