Thursday, October 25, 2012

What's new?

So what's new with us? I guess a lot has been going on and I've been so horrible about keeping up with my blog. You would think I'd have more time to update since I haven't been working since February but for some reason I just haven't.

Anyways, Ethan is now 2 years and 8 months old! He talks and sings everywhere he goes. You can understand about 75% of what he says now and he's starting to say phrases that we say and saying sentences that make me wonder "Where'd you hear that?" For example: when we were at the pumpkin patch on Sunday I asked him if he needed help opening his sandwich bag and his reply was "You don't have to" OK...

He is so much fun and also such a challenge most days. He's headstrong, opinionated and very independent. He reminds me a lot of myself in general. We're in for it :)

I am now 33 weeks and some change pregnant with Lila. At her 30 weeks ultrasound she was already 3 lbs 9 oz and that was almost 4 weeks ago. She most likely almost 4 1/2 lbs by now. She's growing just as expected and we'll find out in a few weeks whether I'll need a c-section because she's breech or not. I started pulling blankets and newborn clothes into the house this week to begin washing, folding and finding a home for everything. There is lot of stuff to find a place for!

I went through Ethan's dresser drawers and moved practically everything out of his 6 drawer dresser into his closet. We're using an IKEA 3 plastic drawer organizer and a nifty 2 poll hanging system for Ethan's clothes. Ethan helped with this project and was a very big help!

At this point we're just waiting for Lila to arrive and hoping to get everything prepared before she does. I can't believe we are just 6 weeks away from meeting our little girl and starting a new chapter of our lives. Just thinking about managing two kids makes me nervous, but lots of people do it, so we'll figure it out as we go.

My sister, mom and mother-in-law threw me a beautiful lavendar baby shower last Saturday. I'll post photos and write about that once I get a copy of the photos from my sister. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment