Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Update on Lila

I went in at 23 weeks (early August) for my 5th ultrasound. That's right...5! I still have 2 more. One at 30 weeks and one just shy of 35 weeks. They decided to do one at 23 weeks because the 19 week ultrasound showed a placenta previa, where the placenta is less than a centimeter from the cervix. They assured me that it would most likely move. They were right it. It moved from less than a centimeter to 1.85cm from the cervix in 4 weeks. If it hadn't moved I would need a scheduled c-section. We are still waiting for it to move more than 2cm away to decrease the chances of extra bleeding during delivery.

I'm actually fine with having a c-section. After the horrible delivery experience I had with Ethan, I would welcome a c-section and actually think that the recovery would be easier. Not easy, but easier. We'll see what the verdict is after the next couple ultrasounds.

Right now, I'm 28 weeks and 2 days and Lila is about 2 to 2 1/2 lbs and about 15 inches long. She constantly moves around. I think she is more active than Ethan was and he was very active. I'm still unsure what position she is in, but she's definitely a mover. Ken has felt her move and watched her shake my belly from across the room. I always say she moves like a fish out of water, but she also moves kind of like I do at night when I try to roll over.

I'm very ready for December to be here already and to hold her in my arms. I'm in a lot of pain. My back (sciatic), my groin is very painful, and the latest development...infrequent contractions have made this last half of pregnancy feel like it is lasting forever.

I'm trying to enjoy my time with Ethan but can no longer take care of him on my own. Ken's mom has stepped in to help me 5 days a week, mostly in the mornings, and Ken has basically taken over Ethan's care and the household duties. I hate letting go, but even if I walk around the grocery store or run a simple errand I'm in pain for the remainder of the day.  There's no amount of Tylenol or prescription muscle relaxer that can ease my pain. I feel like a big baby and helpless, which I hate feeling.

I go in on Friday for my glucose testing and my 28 week (will be almost 29 weeks) appointment with the doctor. I'm a little nervous about the glucose testing because so much has happened in this pregnancy that didn't happen with Ethan. Ethan's pregnancy was a walk in the park compared to this one and still I haven't had any significant complications.

Anyways, life is moving along as we prepare for Lila to arrive in less than 12 weeks. It's exciting and also scary. Life with a family of four will be drastically different than life with three. We're up for the adventure though.

No comments:

Post a Comment