Monday, August 10, 2009

All moved in!


We finally signed all the papers on July 24th and got our keys the same day. I think we both were in shock for a few days and I'm not sure it will really sink in until our first house payment is due in September. The house is looking more like home and is mostly unpacked. The garage is the next project because it's a jumbled mess. Most of what's in the garage is doll stuff from when I was a kid, things I need to sell or baby stuff. Ken's going to put up shelves in the back of the garage so we can get most of the mess off the floor and eventually get my car inside.

The first weekend we were in the house we painted, well Ken painted more than me. We decided it would be easier to paint the kitchen and living room before we moved in. We also started moving boxes over from our garage at the apartment. We were really lucky to have so many people to help us move the rest in on August 1st. Now we're just waiting to get the blinds ordered and installed and the stairwell and hall upstairs painted by the professionals. Ken doesn't want to attempt the 20 ft ceiling and stairs. I don't blame him.

Here are some pictures of downstairs. I'll post pictures of upstairs in awhile.

Moving in with the essentials, including toilet paper.
The living room and kitchen.
Kitchen
The view from the kitchen to the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment